- ***To learn more about the PURPOSE and PERSPECTIVE of this blog by Pam Dewey, be sure to click on the ABOUT tab at the top left above the blog entries.
More blogs by Pam Dewey:
- Wish You Were There?
- American Victorian People of Color
- HipPo’Boy Sandwiches??!!
- Flour Sack Fashions: Great-Granny Cooks Up a Family Wardrobe
- The African Dodger
- A Thoroughly American Thanksgiving
- You’ll Find That You’re In the Rotogravure
- Stone Mountain and the KKK
- The Dark Side of Barbie
- Scandalous Furniture
- An American Hero
- Mickey Mouse Saves the Day!
- The Cure for “Thinking Too Much”!
- Land of the Free…
- A Different Hat for Dr. Seuss
- Pony Tales
- Woodstic Surgery
- Civil War Instagrams
- Texas Invites the World
- Flash Gordon Goes Grocery Shopping
- Hiding in Plane Sight: Camouflaging the Homeland in WW2
- Big Beyond Belief
- Titanic–Minus the Romance
- Where Did All the Cheerful Music Go?
- Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera
- Movies before the Multi-Plex
- The Big Brush-Off
- Taming the Wild West
Author Archives: Pamela Starr Dewey
A Nostalgic Look at “Large Letter” Postcards: 1900-1951 1900 1920s 1934 1937 1938 1939 1940 1940 1941 1942 1943 1945 1947 1948 1948 1940s … Continue reading
Dispelling Misconceptions and Preconceived Notions! Portraits from 1870s to 1890s
I’ve never been to New Orleans, but I’ve heard for many years of one of the most famous iconic New Orleansian food favorites…the Po’Boy Sandwich. While doing research for this blog entry, I checked the Web for the details on … Continue reading
I remember hearing of “flour sack dresses” ever since my youth in the 1950s. But I recently discovered through rummaging the Internet that my concept of what the term meant was totally in error. I don’t even remember when I … Continue reading
Most readers have likely heard of the Los Angeles Dodgers. And if you are old enough, you may remember the Brooklyn Dodgers. (The Dodgers were a Brooklyn, NY, team until they moved to the west coast in 1958.) But … Continue reading
Freedom from Want, also known as The Thanksgiving Picture or I’ll Be Home for Christmas, is the third of the Four Freedoms series of four oil paintings by American artist Norman Rockwell. The works were inspired by United States President … Continue reading