- ***To learn more about the PURPOSE and PERSPECTIVE of this blog by Pam Dewey, be sure to click on the ABOUT tab at the top left above the blog entries.
More blogs by Pam Dewey:
- HipPo’Boy Sandwiches??!!
- Flour Sack Fashions: Great-Granny Cooks Up a Family Wardrobe
- The African Dodger
- A Thoroughly American Thanksgiving
- You’ll Find That You’re In the Rotogravure
- Stone Mountain and the KKK
- The Dark Side of Barbie
- Scandalous Furniture
- An American Hero
- Mickey Mouse Saves the Day!
- The Cure for “Thinking Too Much”!
- Land of the Free…
- A Different Hat for Dr. Seuss
- Pony Tales
- Woodstic Surgery
- Civil War Instagrams
- Texas Invites the World
- Flash Gordon Goes Grocery Shopping
- Hiding in Plane Sight: Camouflaging the Homeland in WW2
- Big Beyond Belief
- Titanic–Minus the Romance
- Where Did All the Cheerful Music Go?
- Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera
- Movies before the Multi-Plex
- The Big Brush-Off
- Taming the Wild West
- Bikers and their Babes
- 75 Years Ago in Time
Category Archives: Early 1900s
I’ve never been to New Orleans, but I’ve heard for many years of one of the most famous iconic New Orleansian food favorites…the Po’Boy Sandwich. While doing research for this blog entry, I checked the Web for the details on … Continue reading
In early April 1912, 2,223 people boarded the largest, safest, most luxurious passenger steamship in the world for a trip from Europe to America. The British ocean liner Titanic, making its very first voyage, was advertised as a technological wonder. … Continue reading
I think many Americans, in the heat of their own political rants about current political leaders, tend to act as if whomever they are despising at the moment… say, President Obama…is the worst scoundrel in American history. Why, he’s trampling … Continue reading