- ***To learn more about the PURPOSE and PERSPECTIVE of this blog by Pam Dewey, be sure to click on the ABOUT tab at the top left above the blog entries.
More blogs by Pam Dewey:
- Wish You Were There?
- American Victorian People of Color
- HipPo’Boy Sandwiches??!!
- Flour Sack Fashions: Great-Granny Cooks Up a Family Wardrobe
- The African Dodger
- A Thoroughly American Thanksgiving
- You’ll Find That You’re In the Rotogravure
- Stone Mountain and the KKK
- The Dark Side of Barbie
- Scandalous Furniture
- An American Hero
- Mickey Mouse Saves the Day!
- The Cure for “Thinking Too Much”!
- Land of the Free…
- A Different Hat for Dr. Seuss
- Pony Tales
- Woodstic Surgery
- Civil War Instagrams
- Texas Invites the World
- Flash Gordon Goes Grocery Shopping
- Hiding in Plane Sight: Camouflaging the Homeland in WW2
- Big Beyond Belief
- Titanic–Minus the Romance
- Where Did All the Cheerful Music Go?
- Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera
- Movies before the Multi-Plex
- The Big Brush-Off
- Taming the Wild West
Category Archives: Pop Culture
A Nostalgic Look at “Large Letter” Postcards: 1900-1951 1900 1920s 1934 1937 1938 1939 1940 1940 1941 1942 1943 1945 1947 1948 1948 1940s … Continue reading
You’ll Find that You’re In the Rotogravure In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it, You’ll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade. I’ll be all in clover and when they look you over, I’ll be the … Continue reading
On my birthday in 1959 I turned 13 years old. Far too sophisticated an age to request a doll. I don’t remember exactly what presents I got that year, but it was probably mostly clothes and jewelry, along with perhaps … Continue reading
If you say “Dr. Seuss” to anyone my age (baby boomer) or younger, what will likely spring to mind is the cover of a book that will have simplistic, silly wording and wildly whimsical drawing. Probably The Cat in the … Continue reading
Guess Who this Famous Face is… I’m pretty sure I would never have guessed if I hadn’t seen the article on the Web where I found this pic. This is “the” Howdy Doody. The original one, sidekick of Buffalo Bob … Continue reading
Flash Gordon Goes Grocery Shopping: The Amazing Keedoozle Story Around the turn of the last century, going grocery shopping was pretty much the same as it had been for a century or more in many American cities and towns. On … Continue reading